Genovate offers three options for Resellers of the Genovate DNA testing products:
OPTION 1:Are you a retailer wanting to display and sell DNA test kits at your business? Choose the Genovate Label option
OPTION 2:Are you a laboratory or clinic that would like to offer DNA testing services from your business? Choose the Private Label option
OPTION 3:Are you a business that would like to offer legally admissible DNA relationship tests? Choose the Legal DNA Tests option
Option 1: GENOVATE LABELGenovate has bright and informative test kit boxes available for all of our genetic tests. This is an excellent option for Resellers to create their own retail display or place the boxes in Genovate’s custom-designed counter top displays.
Resellers of Genovate Label DNA tests can choose from three options:
- Prepaid. Purchase activated kits at the Reseller rate (includes all lab fees) and sell at the suggested retail price.
- Deposit Only. Put down a small deposit upfront and sell at the suggested retail price. Pay lab fee post-sale.*
- Kit Only. Purchase collection kits and sell the collection kit only. The end consumer follows the enclosed instructions to pay the lab fee.
|Prepaid||No later fees for the ResellerNo extra fees for the Consumer||High upfront costsIncreased loss if stolen|
|Deposit Only||Low upfront costsReduced loss if stolenNo extra fees for the Consumer||Reseller must pay lab fee at time-of-sale*|
|Kit Only||Low upfront costsReduced loss if stolenReseller does not pay lab fee||Consumer is required to pay lab fee|
Getting started as a Reseller of Genovate Label DNA Tests:
- Sign up for a Reseller Account
- Log in to your Reseller Account) to see the discounted rates available to our Resellers. Order the required test kits, supplies, displays, marketing materials and brochures. Genovate will ship the supplies directly to your business.
- Display and sell the Genovate test kits. Your customers can follow the instructions enclosed in each kit for sample collection and testing.
Option 2: PRIVATE LABELResellers who choose the Private Label option are provided with DNA collection supplies, which can be used for collecting DNA samples for any of Genovate’s DNA tests. Resellers collect DNA samples from their clients, then submit the samples to Genovate for testing and receive results online through their Reseller Account. There are only minimal upfront costs for Resellers, as lab fees are paid only when the DNA test is required.
There are two types of DNA collection supplies available:
- DNA Relationship Test Supplies These supplies are used for any of our DNA Relationship Tests – Paternity, Maternity, Grandparent, Aunt/Uncle, Sibling, Cousin, and Twin. Each supply package contains the materials necessary for collecting a buccal swab DNA sample from all parties involved in the test.
- Personal Genomics Test Supplies These supplies are used for any of the DNA tests covering Ancestry, Health & Disease, Diet & Fitness, and Behaviour & Traits. Each supply package contains the materials necessary for collecting a buccal swab DNA sample from one individual. One or more DNA tests can be performed for this one individual using the same collection supplies.
Getting started as a Reseller of Private Label DNA Tests:
- Sign up for a Reseller Account
- Log in to your Reseller Account) to see the discounted rates available to our Resellers and to order DNA collection supplies. Genovate will ship the supplies directly to your business.
- Collect DNA samples from your clients and submit to the laboratory for testing along with the completed DNA Test Requisition Form and lab fees.
Option 3: LEGAL DNA TESTSLegal DNA Relationship Tests are intended for use in court to prove or disprove a biological relationship. DNA samples for Legal DNA tests must be collected following strict chain-of-custody procedures at an approved legal collection facility.
Would you like to become an approved legal collection facility and offer legal DNA tests to your clients? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for a Legal Collection Facility:
- Qualified sample collector (e.g. health professional or lawyer) to collect and witness collection of the DNA sample. All training is provided by the testing laboratory.
- Secure storage for DNA samples before they are collected by a courier
- Official Chain-of-Custody DNA Sample Collection Kit provided by the testing laboratory
Chain-of-Custody DNA Sample Collection Kit:This kit contains sample collection and witnessing supplies for collecting DNA samples for up to 40 cases. This kit can be stored indefinitely at room temperature.Kit contents:
- Sterile buccal (mouth) swabs
- Legally Admissible DNA Test Requisition Forms
- Individually barcoded envelopes for returning samples for testing
- Finger printing supplies
- Complete sample collection and witnessing instructions
Instructions for Legal DNA Testing:
- Schedule an appointment with the family members for the chain-of-custody DNA sample collection. The clients must be instructed to bring two pieces of legal identification and a recent passport-sized photograph to the appointment.
- At the appointment: Complete the Legally Admissible DNA Test Requisition Form provided in the sample collection kit, ensuring that the requested DNA test type is selected. Obtain the DNA samples from your clients, following the chain-of-custody sample collection instructions provided in the sample collection kit. Courier the DNA samples and witnessing documentation to our testing laboratory.
- Include the lab fee with the samples or log in to your Reseller Account to pay the lab fee online.