Service Terms & Fees
- Replacement Kits: $20 plus shipping
- Additional Email Reports: $10
- Additional Mailed Reports: $10 plus shipping
- Telephone results: $15 (up to 10 minutes)
Each test includes one mail report and one email report, which must be requested at the time of ordering at no extra charge. After the case has been completed and closed, additional costs will apply.
In the event that you lose or damage your DNA Collection Kit, a replacement kit can be issued for $20, plus shipping.
Delays for Turnaround Time
As with any biological testing, specific situations may delay the testing process, including poor sample quality. If the swab submitted to the laboratory has low amounts of DNA due to improper sample collection or poor mouth conditions (e.g. excessive drinking, chewing gum, dry mouth, heavy smoking), the turnaround time may increase or a recollection may be required.
The #1 priority of the laboratory is the quality of the testing and the absolute accuracy of the results. The turnaround time cannot be guaranteed if an exception is encountered, and the laboratory will not under any circumstances sacrifice the quality of the test in order to speed up the turnaround time.
By submitting the sample, the customer agrees that it has complied with the sample collection instructions provided in the kit. If the customer does not comply with the sample collection instructions and a retest is required because of blatant or deliberate non-compliance, the customer may be required to pay an additional fee.
If we discover prior to testing that your samples are non-compliant because you did not follow the collection instructions (e.g. swabs in bag, mouldy swabs, insufficient number of swabs), we will attempt to notify you and ask you whether you would like us to proceed with testing the noncompliant sample or whether you would like to recollect your sample.
- If you choose to proceed and test the non-compliant sample, there is no guarantee regarding the quality of the results or whether any results can be obtained. The results will be reported “as is”. There will be a $85 charge per person if a resample or retest is required.
- If you choose to recollect the sample, the replacement kit is $20 (plus shipping), and will allow you to repeat the sample collection.
- If we do not have an email on file for you, or if we do not receive a response from you within 2 days after a notification is posted to your account online, we may opt to proceed with testing the non-compliant sample under the terms specified above.
- If you forgot to sign your consent form, there is a $10 Processing Fee per individual to send another consent form to you for return by fax or email. Written reports and emails cannot be released without a signed consent form.
Consultation and Expert Testimony
The charge for consultation is $15 per consultation up to 10 minutes. If the file has been archived for over 6 months, the consultation charge is $20 to retrieve the file from archive and $15 for the consultation (up to 10 minutes). Consultation is $15 regardless of whether the consultation takes up the full 10 minutes. Each additional 10 minute package is $15 and must be paid in full prior to the consultation.
Incorrect Shipping Address Provided by Client
If an incorrect address was provided in the order form and the kit must be to be re-delivered as a result of the incorrect address provided, the cost is $20 for the replacement kit plus shipping.
Methods of Payment Accepted
The following methods of payment are accepted:
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
Payment must be made in full before the results of the DNA test are released to the Customer.
Cost of Testing
The cost of the testing is set at the time of the order. Additional testing at a later date will be at the current rate on the date of the additional order.
By submitting a sample for analysis, the customer warrants that it has the right to take and submit such samples for DNA testing and that it provides Genovate and its testing laboratory with authorization to conduct the DNA testing on the samples. By submitting a sample for testing you warrant that either you are the owner of the sample or have full authority by the owner of the sample to submit the sample for testing. Minors must have approval and consent from their legal guardian.
DNA Sample Consumption
Once a DNA sample is submitted to the Laboratory, it will be consumed for the purpose of the DNA test. The sample will not be returned to the submitter.